The department started in 1999 with the publication of the Proceedings of the 4th Global Strategy Meeting of UNESCO financed by the World Heritage Centre.
Conceive and/or publish specialised material on African cultural heritage for professionals (heritage professionals, teachers, researchers...) and civil society (amateurs).
|- Publish books on African heritage: proceedings, studies, catalogues...||Heritage institutions (heritage professionals, researchers).|
|- Publish educational books on African heritage
||Teachers, mediators, children|
|- Publish resources for heritage professionals
||Institutions and heritage professionals|
|- Conceive and develop web sites on heritage
||Heritage institutions and general public|
|- Ensure the publishing and dissemination of the EPA Newsletter||Institutions and heritage professionals|
|- Assist EPA departments in the conception of their various documents (proofreading, design...)||Institutions and professionals from the EPA network (EPA staff)|
- Anne Ambourouè Avaro, interim coordinator
- François G. Vianou, head of the Resouce center and digital publishing assitant
- Edouard Koutinhouin, mission leader
Indicative 2012 programme:
- Maintenance of the EPA, A for Africa and Numibia web sites;
- Publishing of the new EPA brochure in collaboration with ICCROM;
- Publishing of four issues of "La Lettre de l'EPA";
- Cration of a Facebook page on EPA;
- Support to other EPA departments in their publication projects.